- Why is Israel not held to the same standards as other nations?
- Why is it that those who resist an illegal occupation of their land are considered freedom fighters except for those who resist an illegal Israeli occpation? In that case they are considered terrorists.
- Why is it that when Israel abducts more than 9000 Palestinians this is called an arrest but when Hamas or Hezbollah abducts 2 Israeli soldiers it is called a kidnap?
- Why is it when Hamas or Hezbollah fires a rocket into Israel it is considered an act of provocation but when Israel deliberatelly shells a Palestinian beach and kills 7 members of one family it is considered an act of self-defense? Why does there exist such a double-standard? Why is that?
- Why is it okay for the United States to supply Israel with cluster bombs and precision guided missiles and billions more of military weapons but wrong for Iran or Syria to supply Hezbollah with Kytusha rockets?
- Why is it wrong for Iran to cultivate nuclear weapons when its neighbor, Israel, has hundreds of nuclear weapons aimed at it on land and on sea?
- Why is it that U.N. Security Resolutions against Hezbollah must be complied with but those against Israel are ignored? Why the double standard?
The answer to these questions, sadly to say, is that a great many Americans today have been so confused by the brainwashing propaganda of the past few decades that they no longer understand it. How long can we go on accepting this double standard?
If the United States wants to win this war on terrorism then getting tough with Israel would be the best step they could take. Politicallly, it is a hard choice, but ultimately a sensible and realistic one that would bring about true peace and justice in the Middle East.